The Baker Way
Our Guide to How We Live and Work
The Baker Way provides co-workers with the guidance to navigate projects and balance priorities so that we deliver win-win outcomes for our clients, project partners, and people. It’s what enables us to be fiercely competitive without cutting corners. To be relentless in our pursuit of perfection, but not at the expense of our relationships with each other. To push hard, but to always provide a hand to those who need it.
Building better structures, building better lives.
To be a great place to work and a great company to work with.
It is our core values – PEOPLE, HONOR, and GRIT – that inspire us, empower us, and guide us.
The Values That Unite Us
People make up the core of our business. We practice the Golden Rule and treat co-workers and clients as family.
We Honor our word. When challenges arise, we hold ourselves accountable, stand by our commitments, and find solutions.
We execute with unrivaled Grit. We work hard every day, dig deep to overcome obstacles, and take pride in making the world a better place.
Eight core principles serve as our guideposts to ensure every action we take and decision we make is true to The Baker Way.
- Put people first. Business unit strength depends on the strength of each of us. We achieve that strength by treating all people with dignity and respect.
- Work Incident and Injury Free. Eliminate all workplace incidents and injuries. Safety is a valued responsibility of all team members. Safety is never compromised.
- Agree how we lead matters most. Lead by example. Leadership and personal commitment to “The Baker Way” must be visible and unequivocal.
- One team with one mission. Function as a singular unit of Concrete Construction Warriors.
- Value diversity. Foster a culture of inclusion that harnesses our broad diversity, individual creativity, and the relationship between labor and management.
- Continuously improve. Challenge the status quo, anticipate changing needs, and build new teams, processes, and technologies to make it happen.
- Be customer-centric. Our dedication to the customer shows in everything we do. Add value to our customers by listening, understanding their needs, and offering solutions.
- Respect Baker’s history, promote its legacy. Cherish the values the company was founded on and live by them.
“People have been key to Baker Concrete’s success the first 50 years and that will be the case in the next. At times, the going may have been a little tough, but the Baker tough kept going. Our success comes from our people, our honorable ways, and the grit we show each day on each job.”
Dan Baker | Founder
SALUTE A BAKER HERO
Do you know a co-worker who demonstrates the values of People, Honor, and Grit every day at Baker? We want to hear about it. Share your nomination with us, and we’ll share their story with the world.